The 2019-2020 school year will be my 6th year working at Hillside and Brookside Schools.
In 1998, my career as an educator began in a first grade classroom. That January, my academic journey continued at Jersey City University where I received a Master’s Degree in Reading with a Certification as a Reading Specialist. My most recent accomplishments are Level 1 and Level 2 Orton Training through the Institute of Multisensory Instruction (IMSE) and completing my Dyslexia Studies Certification through Antioch University, both accredited by the International Dyslexia Association. I’m not sure how my academic journey will end but it is not over yet! I’ll keep you posted.
Fun Facts About Me!
- I love everything literacy related, and I’m always growing my toolbox of teaching strategies and interventions.
- My husband and I are the proud parents of 3 amazing children. One in elementary school, one in middle school and one in high school.
- On the weekends you’ll find me watching my children play baseball, basketball, football and singing in shows.
- The beach is my happy place, rain or shine!
- My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love everything about it: decorating, the music and most of all the time spent with family and friends.
Thank you for learning about me, I can’t wait to learn more about your child!
Mrs. Danielle Walter
“Children who are read to learn two things: first that reading is worthwhile, and second, that they are worthwhile.”