Welcome to 7th and 8th grade Study Skills 2019-2020
Study Skills is a program designed to reinforce the core skill sets and competencies necessary to excel in all areas of academic study. Students will learn strategies that will help them successfully perform study-related tasks they will encounter in classes for years ahead. We will also use pre-teaching strategies to help the students become familiar with the material to be covered in the core classes.
Topics for Review:
Study Skills will address a number of study strategies over the course of the academic year, including:
- Active Learning
- Preview Teaching/Pre-Teaching New Concepts & Ideas
- Reading and Writing Strategies
- Organizational Skills including binder/folder organization, homework time management, etc.
- General Study Skills - how to study/review information in the different content areas
- Research and Research Paper Skills
- Test-Taking Strategies & Tips
Mr. Burns can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via phone at 201-327-2020 x2245.