Overview of Physical Education Program
Physical Education at Hillside School focuses on character building, wellness, and responsibility through sports skills, games and movement. Some of the units of study that Hillside students will participate in are:
- Locomotor movements
- Throwing skills
- Kicking skills
- Healthy habits
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Fleeing and chasing
- Hand-eye coordination
Guidelines of the Physical Education Program
The following guidelines were developed to help the students of Hillside School succeed in physical education:
- Be prepared: wear sneakers and appropriate clothing for movement.
- Be a good listener, quiet mouth.
- Follow the directions and play fairly.
- Be safe, and think before you move.
- Try your best and have fun!
Physical Education Student Preparation
- Always wear sneakers that are secured to the foot.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate.
- Jewelry must be taken off and left in the classroom.
- Bring a smile and a positive attitude.